A no-bake recipe that will tempt your senses!
What you need:
- 300gr shortbread biscuits (homemade or store-brought)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 150gr unsalted butter
- 1 cup walnuts, roasted and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100gr dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rum
- 3 tbsp morello cherry jam
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp confectioner’s sugar for rolling
Blend biscuits in a food processor or chop with knife.
Beat butter and confectioner’s sugar until you get a smooth, soft paste. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and rum.
Whisk the eggs with sugar in a heatproof bowl. Put it on the stove top on a pan with boiling water, stirring constantly in a zigzag or figure-8 pattern (known as a double boiler technique) until thickened. Do not boil and be careful not to overcook the eggs.
Combine the wet with the dry ingredients and mix well. Place the mixture on plastic wrap covered with confectioner’s sugar, and form it in a shape of salami. I use sushi roller mat.
Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, cut in 1cm width slices and sift confectioner’s sugar on top.